India Has Largest Presence In Davos In 48 Years As Modipitch At WEF
For India this is a good year at Davos Economic meet. 2018 is witnessing the largest presence of India in past 48 years at WEF.
The World Economic Forum of 2018 was started by Prime Minister with a meeting with the CEOs from round the world on Monday. The meeting was held amidst the scenic beauty of Switzerland, at a snow covered resort of the country. The PM presented an exciting picture of the progressive economic environment of India and the amiable investment opportunities which business houses can get here.
130 Indian CEOs are participating in this forum; almost 2000 business corporates and 70 government heads are participating in the event. This information was provided by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar in one of his tweets. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is supposed to be at Davos just for a day and is the only PM to visit the WEF in past 20 years.
So what is India’s plan in WEF? Below are the top features of this year’s WEF meet for India.
- Strengthening bilateral relations with Switzerland; PM Narendra Modi has an extensive discussion with Swiss President Alain Berset on Monday.
- Automation of tax information between Switzerland and India was also another important point of discussion. This information was provided by Press Trust of India.
- Providing opportunities to prospective investors was the next initiative from India. A reception was held by the Indian delegates at the main centre of WEF and Narendra Modi also visited the reception.
- Promotion of India cuisines was also done at WEF. While people at the reception were served kachori and samosa, bill boards and posters on vehicles popularized Indian cuisines like pakora and tea.
- Industrial heads from almost 18 countries met the PM at the CEO gathering.
- Top industrialists like Reliance head Mukesh Ambani, Wipro chairman Azim Premji, Rahul Bajaj from the Bajaj Group and many more joined PM Modi at the event.